Sunday, January 16, 2011

Goodbye to My Sweet Brother



Disclaimer about these pictures....I just had a baby 2-3 weeks earlier that is why my face looks so puffy...ok...chubby.
This is at California Pizza Kitchen, our last meal with Jason before my parents took Jason to the MTC. (Missionary Training Center) I think I was still in a fog, and this was about the time or just after Nile's surgery. I can't remember, so I just know that I was a little numb to everything that was going on. It was hard to have Jason go, and it was really hard to have both Jason and Dan gone at the same time. It was lonely.
I was so proud of Jason for going on a mission. For a short time I didn't know if he would choose to go or not. Jason is one of the most genuine, loving, caring, patient people I know (aside from my Dad Scott, who is 10 times more) Jason is so tender and is one of the most thoughtful people I know. He is one of those people that would do literally anything for you. It was sad to not take Jason to the MTC and to just say goodbye to him at the restaurant.
Jason has been out for awhile now and is such a great missionary. He is such a great example to me and to my boys. Dan is home now, and it is so good to have him home, but it makes me miss Jason even more.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Your brothers going on missions has made me feel very, very old. I swear they were toddlers when you guys lived in the house across from Wy'East. From you and your mom's posts, they seem like amazing young men!