









This was one of the most humiliating times in my career as a mother. I love Easton, but during his program I wanted to slip out the back door. The whole time, I mean not just once or twice, I'm talking throughout the entire program this kid picked his nose and ate it!!!!! AAAHAHHHAH. Whose kid does that! Not mine! I told Brad, I didn't even want to go up and get him because I was sure every parent in that auditorium was watching to see what parents this kid belonged to. After the program I didn't say one word to him about it. I held it in. I congratulated him, told him he did a great job. Later that day though we had a serious talk about picking our noses and eating it. I told him that if he did it again-EVER- I would put hot sauce in his mouth. You can think I'm a horrible parent, but let me just say, it worked. It made him actually think about it before he just mindlessly did it. Since that day he has done it once and I did put hot sauce in his mouth and it hasn't happened again.
I'm sure this is just the beginning of the embarrassing moments to come as a parent.
Now that I just went on about that forever, let me tell you about the program. This is our fourth year seeing the same program, but it didn't matter, it still warmed my heart seeing Easton up there and watching him. Picking nose and all. He has the same teacher that Carter had his first year. It was fun for Carter to see his old teachers too. Next year Easton will have the teacher that Carter has last year who we LOVE LOVE LOVE. She is the best teacher ever. I wish that we could take her with us and she could be my boys' teacher forever.
1 comment:
I'm dying! That is too funny! At least he stopped picking enough for you to get a few pictures. :o)
Post a Comment