Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas Day
















Christmas day was a great day. The pictures of the top crack me up because the looks on the boys faces make it look like they are disappointed or something. I think they were just taking it in. Also, not quite sure what I was thinking, but I didn't take any pictures of what Santa brought them!! They were very happy and excited. Easton got a DS they both got games for the DS. They got their own wii remotes, they got Donkey Kong, the Batman cave. They were in heaven.
The best part was we got to talk to my brother Jason who is in Texas serving his mission. It was so good to hear his voice. He is doing so good.
We opened up presents and the boys were thrilled. Star Wars Legos and Harry Potter Legos. I think Dan loved it just as much as they did. He spent the day helping them put it together. Another GREAT part of the day was that for our Christmas present my parents are taking me, Brad and Dan to Hawaii in March. YAY!! I'm so excited. I've never been. And we are leaving the kids! I told Brad I'm so excited to not have to worry about feeding anyone but myself, to not have to worry about getting anyone dressed except myself. I am just so excited!
We had a yummy dinner, Prime Rib as usual. My mom is the best cook.
I told Dan not to get me anything because I don't need anything and he is a poor college student. I told him the best thing he could give me was watching the boys so that I could do something with Brad. He made up this receipt that he wrapped up and gave me. It seriously was the funniest thing. He spent all this time drawing this barcode. It says on there that "Some restrictions and black out dates may apply" It says to enter to win a free massage-which is a joke because I do massage and the massage would be from me. It says "Due to high phone traffic we may or may not pick up. Please keep trying. I'm sure you will" For the total price it said "priceless" It seriously had me laughing. I love my brother. It is so good to have him back.
With all the fun and excitement, I was really grateful for the day to celebrate the birth of our Savior. I am so grateful for him and his life. And most of all for his sacrifice that he made for us.

3 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

Hawaii---awesome!

Jill Walker said...

It was a wonderful day!! Thanks for the compliment.

Danielle said...

Merry Christmas! Your brother is too cute - that is hilarious! And Hawaii - that is crazy! I hope you have an amazing time!!! (And don't forget to take pictures while you're there!)