Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Refreshing Spinach Salad


Tasha-sorry this has taken me so long to post! I wanted to have a picture to go along with it.
I got this recipe from a girl that lived in the town homes. I don't even remember her name. We LOVE this salad. It is so light and yummy.
1 bag Baby Spinach
1 bag Romaine lettuce
1 1/2 bags Cherry Craisins
2 Apples (I usually do 3)
1 cup Sliced Almonds
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
Put almonds and brown sugar in a pan and continually stir on Medium heat. Turn it off and let them cool once the brown sugar has melted
Mix lettuce, craisins, apples and almonds together
Dressing:
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried mustard
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup oil
1 Tablespoon Poppy seeds
Mix together
I sometimes pour the dressing on all of the salad (You don't need all of it-it will make it too soggy) but I have found that I like to pour it on my individual serving instead. Then that way if you have left overs it won't get soggy.
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we do!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Which building did she live in? Or who lived next to her. I don't know why, but it's going to bug me now. Looks yummy!

Christine said...

She lived next to the park. She had short hair and she became the YW president when the new ward was made. I have no idea what her name was. I'm sure once someone tells me I'll wonder why I didn't know it.

Unknown said...

That sounds and looks so good, I'll be over in 10 minutes!!! You're the cutest, I miss you, when are you going to Walmart next so we can run into each other?

Christine said...

Amy-I don't know, but let me know before hand so that this time I can actually be showered and ready for the day! :)

tiburon said...

Oh my does that look yummy... Gonna have to try it for sure!

tiburon said...

Oh my does that look yummy... Gonna have to try it for sure!

Mama Snow said...

Yummy! Thanks for posting. I am so excited to make it. It seriously was so good at Tanya's shower.

The Evers said...

Agreed, this looks great! I am coming out the last week in May and I would really love to see you and the boys! Maybe even your mom and dad if they are around. I was thinking we should do a play date and then maybe do lunch or dinner. Let me know what you think!