When I went to pick up Carter the other day from school the teacher informed me that he was hitting and punching (teasingly) all day and then at the end he bit his friend Carson. I was a little surprised because that is not like Carter-unless someone is continually provoking him and he has lost all patience.
We had a little chat and I suggested that maybe he could make Carson a card to say sorry. I ended up forgetting all about it. Then as Carter was getting ready for school yesterday I brought up the biting thing again just as a reminder. He then brought up taking Carson a card. Luckily Carter had already been working on some little projects the day before so we quickly put one together. When we got to school Carter took the card right to Carson and said, "I'm sauzzy" (sorry) Carson got the biggest smile on his face. I read the card to him, which said that Carter promised that he wouldn't bite anymore. (I sure hope Carter lives up to that!) When I picked up Carter later that day, his teacher told me that Carson was so excited about the card.
It really was the sweetest little moment watching Carter apologize. I was so proud of him. Carter really is the sweetest boy and cares so much about others.
1 comment:
Kids are always going to make mistakes, but it was how Carter dealt with it in the end, that is so awesome. What a great kid!
Post a Comment