My Grandpa and Grandma Sorenson planned this amazing 80th Birthday celebration for my Grandma. They rented a bus to take the whole Sorenson Clan up to Brigham City. We drove all around seeing where my Grandma grew up, and where she and my Grandpa first lived when they were married. It was so cool to see everything. I learned so much about my Grandma that I didn't know. We had box lunches from Maddox, because that was one of the first jobs that my Grandma had.
After the tour before heading back to SLC we made a pit stop at Seven Eleven for drinks. It was so funny, we kind of took over the Seven Eleven. After this trip I don't think Brad can blame me for my intense love for soda. He now knows it's just a genetic thing.
After the tour we did family pictures and then went to the Lion House for dinner. At the end of the dinner my Grandma handed out letters to each of the Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren that she had written. She wrote about what she thought about us when we were born, and what she foresees for our future.
Carter fell in love with my cousin Heather. He kept asking about her, and even wanted to sit on her lap on the bus.
We had such a great time spending time with the Sorenson family. We don't get to see them that often, so it was good to be with them.
I am so grateful for my Grandma and what a wonderful example she is to me. She is always willing to serve others, and is so supportive to my Grandpa. Whenver we visit her I am always so impressed with how well she takes care of my Grandpa. She is always doing little things for him like making him a drink, making him lunch, etc. Not only that, she has such a great sense of humor. I love her so much.


3 comments:
This is probably one of the neatest ideas I have ever heard of! What a sweet thoughtful birthday! It looks like you all had a nice time too!
These pictures are so adorable. I especially love the one of Brad and carter with their heads together.
I meant to say Easton, but you need to do a similar picture with Carter.
Post a Comment