Okay, I want to know all your "dirty" little secrets. :) I want to know when you clean, what you clean, and most importantly what your kids are doing when you clean. I am struggling to find time to clean lately and have been staying up till all hours doing it. Click on the "comments" below this post and tell me all your tips! I need all the help I can get right now.
11 comments:
Clean? People clean? Hmm, I should try that. Actually, I attempt to live a fly lady (www.flylady.net) life. It doesn't always work because I'm lazy, but whatever. As far as what the kids are doing while I'm cleaning. If I'm cleaning the kitchen they're making a mess in the living room, if I'm cleaning the living room, they're messing up their bedroom. If I'm cleaning their bedroom...
I like the comment above. Thats exactly the same with my house Madie's always making one mess after another. I'm always stressed with trying to keep my house cleaned. The only time I find to clean is when Gavin is sleeping and I'll put a movie on for Madie but then the time I had to relax is gone and I'm even more crazy! So no real tips from me I just do what needs to be done, oh and writing a list for the day really helps me make sure I get it done.
Christine,
Hire a cleaning lady! It was the best thing we ever did! My friend lives in Suncrest and uses my old cleaning lady. Her name is Carmen she is great and fast! Mine comes once a week I leave and come home to a clean house, plus I have more time to spend with my kids not cleaning.
How much is a cleaning lady? What does she do?
You can have a cleaning lady do whatever you want her to. I have mine do all my cleaning. Some only have theirs do like bathrooms and kitchens it all depends. The are usually between 15-20 per hour. There are usually 2 that come together. Carmen who does it in your area her # is 319-1927. She brings 2 people so they are done quicker and it would be about $30.00 a hour.
I am still trying to figure that out also. It seems like if I get a second I just want to play with the kids because I feel like I do not spend enough time with them
I agree with Brenda above too. It doesn't matter where you clean, someone is undoing it somewhere else. But I believe we at least get points for trying, right! I also LOVE flylady.net but I don't follow it nearly as religiously as I should. I love her timer trick though. If I see a mess and feel like it will take me all day I don't even want to try, but if I tell myself to set the timer for 15 minutes and see what I can do it ALWAYS motivates me to get it done. Especially because when the 15 minutes are up I'm usually almost done and then it's a piece of cake to finish up. It's amazing how much you can do in 15 devoted minutes....it's just FINDING the minutes in a day that can be the biggest challenge. :)
Yeah flylady!
Clint helps me a lot. I think my house would be a disaster if he didn't help but every week i chose a project to accomplish whether it's washing windows, base boards or organizing somehting and i get it done. I feel like i have to be organized because i'm SOOOOO forgetful and i have trouble finding things. and being in a dirty cluttered house stresses me more than just cleaning it and relaxing in a nice one. But i;d LOVE to have a cleaning lady. you are clean and organized i think you are toooo hard on yourself.
Thanks for all the ideas. I have tried fly lady before...and it worked I just haven't gotten it out again (my list) Marianne-I am so not clean and organized. If only you could see our office right now. :)
I'm still trying to strike a balance between cleanliness and sanity. I think for most moms living is squalor is stressful, but so is trying to maintain a spotless house all the time. I try to keep mine moderately tidy, just picking up things here and there when Joy's playing (of course, I make sure I take time to play with her, too :).
I also try plan one main task for each weekday (laundry, groceries, etc.) so I'm not overwhelmed but I still feel like I've accomplished something.
Good luck. Wish me luck, too. I may have to try that flylady thing. Many tasks get put off because I don't have a chunk of time for them, but I bet I'd be surprised at the progress I could make with 15 minutes here and there. That's about all I've got anyway.
Post a Comment