I went to Women's Conference with my Mom, Grandma, Mandy and Marlene. It was so much fun. It was nice to get away for the day. We heard Sister Julie Beck, the General Relief Society President. She was so great. Then we really only made it to one of the classes-John Byetheway. I love him. I know he can be a little cheesy, but he is so uplifting and entertaining at the same time. His class was packed!
I ran into my old roommates VeNicia and Erica. It was so fun to see them
Then at the end we heard President Monson speak. He was so great. I just love him. When he walked in everyone stood up and was silent. Then someone started singing the Hymn We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet. I could feel the spirit so strongly. I knew he was a prophet of God, but at that moment, I think it solidified it.
Kelly watched all four kids while we went! He was so amazing! He showed up at like 7:15am?? I think?? And then we didn't get back until I think 6:30 or so. The kids had so much fun with him. He is so good at playing with them, and you can tell he just loves them so much. Carter was so excited for him to come. Everyday up until that day he kept asking when he was going to come. He even took the kids for a hike behind our houses! I think he will have a close relationship with the kids because he loves them, enjoys being with them, and they can tell that by the way he treats them, and enjoys being with them. -Thanks Kelly!
3 comments:
Kelly really does seem like an awesome Grandpa!! Thanks for sharing your blog. You guys are so busy! It is so good to be able to do so much. It is probably nice to have so much family around. That is the one thing that I miss the most.
I'm jealous!! It seems like all my friends got to go except me. I'm glad you had a good time!
So cute & I am glad you guys got to go. I heard that the Women's Conference is so inspirational and wonderful.
Post a Comment