Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dan's Mission Call

And he's going to.........................................Drum roll please......................................







My poor brother. We thought he was going to get his mission call in the mail last Wednesday and it didn't come. So we had to wait another week. I told him to remember that week when his wife was 9 months pregnant and waiting any day to have her baby. :)
So...it came yesterday and we were dying all day long. He lives in Cedar City for college and had to wait to get off work to drive up.
He found out that he has diabetes a few months ago so we knew that his call wouldn't be to anywhere third world. While driving over there I was trying to set myself up for disappointment and thought the only place I really would be disappointed would be Idaho. (No offense to anyone that lives in Idaho) We really had no idea what was in store for him!!!!
He has been called to serve in the Honolulu, Hawaii mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No, this isn't a joke! It really was a dream come true, and so perfect for Dan! We all have been so elated since yesterday. The great thing for him is that out of anywhere in the US Hawaii is the most like a different "country" it has so much culture there, and so many different people. The funny thing is we were talking awhile ago and I was like, "What if you get sent to Hawaii!?!?!" But we both were like-no, there is no way! LOL
We are so excited for him. He is going to be such a great missionary. He loves people, and EVERYONE loves him. He is so funny.
However, I am getting so sad! I love Dan so much. I talk to him AT LEAST once a week on the phone. He reminds me so much of a good friend I had in high school. We just have so much fun with each other.
He leaves July 23rd!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

How fantastic! Congratulations!

Brenda said...

Kind of makes me want to go on a mission! Hawaii for 2 years doesn't sound to shabby! Congrats Dan!

Allie said...

Thats awesome! I want to go to Hawaii for two years!

VeNicia said...

Send him my congrats, too! Wow. Let's be honest...it would kind of stink, actually. He'll be staring at the ocean for 2 years =oP

The Evers said...

OH WOW what a fantastic call! I am jealous! Hawaii is one of the best places on this entire planet! Lucky guy! I bet he is stoked! I love your mothers day pictures, you look incredible in them! So I need to call you! I will be there Sunday and I really would LOVE to spend a day with you guys, if you have one free!

Misty said...

This is so cool. Hawaii would be a killer place to go.

TheShippenFamily said...

will you email me your address so I can send you a birth announcement.

Marianne said...

Thats so fun. I'm so happy that he gets to go somewhere so cool. i really am so happy for him and your family. he'll have such a wonderful experience. you have such handsome and wonderful brothers. :)

Libby said...

Yay!!! Congratulations to Dan! He is such a great guy and I am so glad I got to know him better the little while we were in Cedar together. He was so fun and kind and will be the greatest missionary. He will draw in people like a moth to a flame with his personality. I'm so excited for him.

It looks like your mother's day was really great. I love seeing pictures of the family. How fun to have Nana and two out of three Aunts there. I am sure my mom was sorry to miss it!