Wednesday, March 5, 2008

OH MY GOSH! YUUUUMMMMMMM!

I have a link to The Pioneer Woman Cooks blog. Her stuff always looks so good, and I have been wanting to make some of it for awhile now and just haven't. She recently posted this recipie for Apple Dumplings and when I saw it, I knew I had to try it.
I bought the stuff today and Carter and I made them. It was so easy, and it was easy enough for Carter to help. It seriously is the yummiest thing I've had in a long time! I keep eating them! This is definately going to be a family favorite. You will have to check them out.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I've tried a couple of her recipes, and they were delicious! I'll have to check this one out, because the picture makes my mouth water!

CaraDee said...

I keep wanting to make that one, but I hate Mtn. Dew. Are they mushy?

Christine said...

Cara-I was a little scared about the ingredients, but the pictures looked so good, and the way she described it, I knew I had to try it. You can't taste the Mt. Dew, and you can't tell that the crust is Pillsbury crescent rolls. It tastes totally homemade. You should try it!

The Evers said...

I know this is late but here you go!
Nana's Spaghetti Sauce
3 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 green pepper,diced2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans tomato sauce
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Heinz 57 steak sauce
1 tsp Italian seasoning



In a heavy skillet,brown the onion,green pepper and garlic in a small amount of oil. Add ground beef and cook until brown.
Drain meat well and place into a large saucepan.
Add tomatoes,salt,onion salt,garlic salt, oregano,ketchup,worcestershire sauce,Heinz 57 and Italian seasoning to the ground beef mixture.
Stir well and cook on low heat 2-3 hours.
Serve over your choice of cooked pasta angarnish with grated parmesan cheese.

lauren said...

We had these for Easter dessert. They are sooo delicious!!! I got a ton of compliments. Thanks Christine.