Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Beginning of the End

Well, my life is over as I now know it. Carter has begun the "why" phase. He is asking why about almost everything, and I know that it's only going to get worse.
He has also starting to become a little scheemer, and knows how to work it. Tonight I put him in bed and I told him if he got out of bed I would shut his door. Well, I could hear him get out and was sitting outside the door. I figured he was in bed a little early so I didn't do anything. Well he finally came in and tells me that he "fell" out of bed. I can see his little brain working thinking that he won't get in trouble if he says he "fell" out of bed.
We went to Target today (ahhhhh, I love target) and he found this sheep there. I let him hold it while we walked around. I told him it was time to put it back. He was not happy. I told him that maybe if he's good that the Easter Bunny will bring it for him. He was mad. Later tonight he told Brad on me. It was funny. He told him that I made him leave it there, and that maybe the Easter Bunny will bring it for him. I sure hope that Easter Bunny brings it for him.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

What a stinker! But, a smart stinker at that.

The Evers said...

Ohhh poor Carter! Life is so hard when you can start thinking for yourself :) I am not looking forward to that stage so much. Although the things kids come up with always surprise me, they really are so much smarter then we give them credit for! Good luck friend!

tiburon said...

So funny to watch them learn things - even the bad stuff. Kids crack me up - you are going to have your hands full with that one.
On a side note, how is your brother - I was thinking about him this weekend!

Anonymous said...

You are in trouble!!! I remember that stage for my nephews. Seriously, the cool thing about every stage of kids growing up is that it doesn't last long. So even though now, it might seem like the end of your life, cherish it because it will go by so fast! Wait, you should be telling me that...my son is younger than Carter! :)

Misty said...

Christine, do you want to give me the contact info for your friend that wants to host a Scentsy party and I can see what will work for her? You should really host a party to get free stuff yourself and just have her come!

Brenda said...

I hate to break it to you but this phase hasn't ended for us yet. Preston and Carson still want to understand EVERYTHING!!!! It gets exhausting after awhile doesn't it?

CaraDee said...

Dude, my boys are getting so ungrateful I want to stop buying them things completely. Good luck with Carter.