I'm sending a call out for all Spaghetti Sauce recipies. I'm looking for a new one, so I would love it if you would share yours with me. If you are reading this and you don't blog, email it to me! And Brenda, I know you have a good one, so you better give it to me. :)
12 comments:
I wish I knew your Dad's recipe it was the best I have ever had. Maybe if you pray hard enough he will somehow get it to you. (Ha, Ha)
Marci Williams has a awesome one. I will email her and try to get it from her.
I would love to help, but I have no recipes for this. I have good ones for like every other food! Let me know if you want other recipes ever! On my blog there is a link for mommy chef. Maybe she has a good one, I love her-who ever she is!
1 lb ground beef browned and drained
1/2 lb ground sausage (I rarely remember to buy this so 99% of the time I don't use it) browned with the beef and obviously, drained
1 can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
Add water or more tomato sauce if you think it's too thick
the rest is kind of "by taste". I'll put amounts but I'm not positive they're right!
1 tsp or more oregano or whatever is lying around
garlic salt (I take the shaker and swirl it around the pan a couple of times)
2 Tbls Worcestershire Sauce (Sometimes I get crazy with the Worcestershire sauce-I love it)
Dark Brown Sugar-this is the most important ingredient. Just keep putting it it until it tastes right to you. Maybe 3 Tbls-ish. I dump, stir, taste, dump, stir, taste, dump, stir , taste. If it becomes to sweet, attack with the Worcestershire sauce. I'm REALLY professional! This is now getting a little embarassing, so I'll stop now.
It bugs me when people don't use to, two, and too correctly. I just did it at the end of that, way too lengthy, comment. I meant TOO sweet, not TO sweet. What a loser. And then above that I wrote "keep putting it IT" instead of it IN. Double loser.
Oh, I would really like to add things like, onions, celery, and mushrooms, but picky Trevor hates all that. So, feel free to make it your own. I swear I'm done now.
Step 1: Go to the store
Step 2: Go to the sauce isle
Step 3: Find Ragu's Sweet Basil and Sundried Tomato
Step 4: Buy
Step 5: Take home
Step 6: Eat (with noodles)....(cooked noodles)
ok so i'm sooo telling the truth here but clint makes THE best i've ever had, total italian style (served mission in italy) but our FAVE Runner up and easy 2nd is del monte canned sp sauce, like the del monte diced italian tomatoes that i love but in the sp sauce. yummm)!
Add brown sugar to any recipe and mmm mmm good! It sweetens it up a bit and I love it.
I will have to see if I can steal my mom's for you....she doesn't usually let anyone, but family have it (because it is that good) but I know at least one secret she uses. Put 2-3 bay leaves in the sauce at the beginning, then remove the leaves before you serve. It gives an awesome flavor! Also, I have found that Angel Hair wheat noodles are the best. They are better for you and taste better. :)
I also only use angel hair. I hate spaghetti noodles now.
I just use the Traditional Prego, add some garlic powder and basil, a little bit of water (put in the jar, & shaken to loosen the rest of the sauce) some olive oil, and the yummy meatballs from Costco. Cooked 2 1/2 min. in the microwave, then cut in half and put in. Easy. My Step-Mom said it tasted "gourmet" Sunday night, but that's what she says about everything I make, and that just isn't true, so I think she must be like a homeless person or something.
Post a Comment