Mandy (My sister-in-law) and I went to President Hinckley's viewing on Friday. It was such an amazing experience. It was a great time to reflect on everything that President Hinckley has done for us, and what an amazing prophet of God he was. I am so grateful for his perfect example, for the love that he had for us, and for the love and testimony that he had for our Savior.
The whole time I just felt so appreciative of his family. Not only was he the leader of our church, but he was a Father, a Grandfather, a Great-Grandfather. I am so grateful to his family for sharing him with the whole world. And then again at a time that should be their time, they once again shared him with the world by having a public viewing, and broadcasting his funeral and allowing people to come.
Once we got to the room where he was my eyes were so filled with tears, I couldn't even really see him. The tears that I have shed have not been tears of sadness, they have been tears of love, and of appreciation.
I will always remember this great experience.
PS Thank you Kelly and Marlene for watching the kids so that we could have this amazing experience!
PS Thank you Kelly and Marlene for watching the kids so that we could have this amazing experience!
1 comment:
From what I've read on your blog and the others that I stalk, it sounds like he was an amazing man. I'm glad you were able to have the experience of his viewing (especially without the little ones!)
Post a Comment