Monday, January 23, 2012

Mandy Visits!



It was so good to have Mandy come down. I NEEDEd her to come down! Brad went to Vegas for work and to spend time with his brothers. It was nice to not be alone and to be with someone that already knows me and to have a familiar face. We had so much fun together just doing a whole lot of nothing. And of course I didn't take any pictures the whole time! The pictures above are ones that we had Carter take for us. He kept taking them so we started laughing so hard. We watched movies, drove around, ate, and ate and ate. It went by WAY too fast!! It was so hard to take her to the airport. I was having a hard time after I got back from taking her to the airport. It was so depressing! A girl in my ward that I had never met came to my house that afternoon to see if we wanted to go to the park because she had heard that we were new and that we had all boys just like her. I broke down crying. She's so nice so hopefully she didn't think that I was totally crazy! She was a tender mercy and just an answer to a prayer. That was kind of a turning point and after that day I have really loved it here and have felt right at home. That was really a testament to me that Heavenly Father is so aware of us and what we're going through and he sends people to us to help ease our burdens. The more I have gotten to know this girl she is so amazing and such a great example.
I love Mandy and miss living right next door to me. She is just like a sister to me. I tell her all the time that she is the sister that I never had, or that she's my long lost sister!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm glad you had a good visit. And I knew in my heart that your new ward would be very open and welcoming. I was actually thinking about that a lot - how hard it would be to leave your family and friends, but that one of the things I admire most about your religion is what a close-knit community you are. I'm rarely wrong, you know! :o)

Melinda said...

That new lady in your ward was so sweet to co e and invite you. What a great example and something I really need to be better at.

I am so glad you got to have a fun weekend with an old friend. I hope your liking Arizona!