Sunday, January 29, 2012

Why?

I love being a mom, and there really isn't anything I'd rather being doing in my life right now. I am 100% happy staying home with my boys, taking care of them, and TRYING to create a happy childhood for them. With that said, there are days when I ask myself why...why do I waste my time cleaning my house when two seconds later it's like I never did it. Why do I clean the car, because the next time we're in the care someone spills, and everyone leaves their junk in it. Why do I do laundry, it just piles up again. The list goes on. I love to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try. I usually just go for what looks good, and without fail usually get a complaint from someone....or everyone- "I hate this" (imagine a whining tone), "I don't like this."
I found this recipe for homemade corn dogs and cheese sticks. It looked so yummy and I liked that I could use good hot dogs to make it all. So I did..and it was a lot of work. I didn't hear any complaints that night, but as the boys were eating they started taking all of the breading off and just eating the hot dog! I had to laugh. This is where the why comes in, why?? Why do I even waste my time?? Here I made this big mess making the corn dogs and frying them and all they wanted was plain hot dogs! Someday (I hope) there will come a time when my boys will be more open minded when it comes to food and actually LOVE what I make.




1 comment:

Emily Whisman said...

So funny Christine! Dakota always likes to take the 'bread' off corn dogs too! But I've never made them homemade! Good job :)