Sunday, August 17, 2008

Trip to Washington

Brad and I took a trip to Washington ALONE!-NO KIDS! It was so great. My friend Allison Dane, from high school was getting married so we decided to make a trip out of it. We had such an incredible time. It was so fun just being with each other and not have to worry about the kids. We could do whatever we wanted! I thought I would have trouble sleeping in, but I didn't. It was so nice!


Day 1-


We went up to Idaho Falls again, came home on Thursday night and left Friday morning for Washington. Life has been a little hectic!! It took us about 12 hours to get there. We had XM radio in the rental car. It was so cool! They have almost every possible thing you could ever want to listen to.




On the road again, just can't wait to get back on the road again...


Day 2-


Brad and I slept in- ahhhhhh, it was so nice! We woke up, went and saw Dark Night (the new Batman movie), went to lunch, and then went and got ready for the wedding. I was so excited to get to the wedding to see Allison and Danielle (my other friend from high school)


Allison chose the most beautiful spot. It was along the Columbia Gorge and you could see everything. She looked so beautiful. Everything was just so perfect. She married the greatest guy ever (besides Brad of course!) I met him at Danielle's wedding and fell in love with him and told them that they better get married. He is so perfect for her and they are just so happy together.


One of the coolest things was that they filmed Twilight there-the Prom scene. Danielle and I had to get our picture taken where they had it filmed. I was so excited!


Danielle's parents Jim and Kathy were there too. It was so good to see them too. I just love them so much. They are such great people, and have always been so kind and loving to me.


After the reception we went out and had sushi. It was Danielle's first time having it. It was my second. I actually liked it a little better this time.

Allison and her Mom and Dad walking down the aisle.


Danielle and I standing where they filmed Twilight!









Me*Allison*Danielle



Brad*Me*Danielle*Justin





Day 3-


Ahhhhhh, slept in again, and missed the breakfast that ends at 10:30. We went to a BBQ that Allison's Mom Corri and her boyfriend held in honor of Allison and Josh. We had so much fun just spending time with everyone and chatting. I gave a cupcake to Danielle's little boy Jace. He is the cutest little boy. I am so sad that I don't get to be more a part of his life so that he knows me.


After the BBQ Justin and Danielle peer pressured us into going to Pita Pit. Justin is a huge fan so we went there. It was really good. Afterwards we went bowling. I did HORRIBLY-I'll just leave it at that. Justin and Danielle kicked our trash. It was so much fun just spending time with them. I miss Danielle so much. We have known each other since 7th grade. We have been through so much together, and she is definitely a friend that I will stay close to forever. It was so fun getting to know Justin too. I only met him at their wedding so I didn't really know him. We have all been so blessed to marry such great guys!


While we were at the bowling ally I needed to go to the bathroom. I walked in, saw the baby changing thing, went to a stall, it wasn't the cleanest one, so I turned around to go to the next one when right in front of me were some urinals, right as that was registering Justin walked into the bathroom! I just started busting up laughing. Luckily nobody was in there when I walked in!! I was lucky! The picture of me all red and laughing is me telling Brad and Danielle about it.


Afterwards Danielle and Justin came back to our hotel room and played games. I didn't want them to leave-they were leaving the next day to go to California. They stayed until I think about 1am, but it was so sad to say goodbye. I just love Danielle.








Day 4-

Ahhhhhhhh....slept in again....missed breakfast again....This is the life!

We decided to head to the beach. I had never been to Canon Beach so that's were we headed. It was so beautiful. The drive was amazing. I think over the whole trip I drove Brad crazy with how much I commented on how beautiful Washington is. Over the years I had forgotten just how pretty it is. I miss it. We hung out at Canon Beach for awhile and then headed down to Seaside. We had Fish and Chips, and walked down to the beach. Danielle's parents have a beach house there so I would go with her family all the time. It was fun to go back and see how it had changed. The day was perfect, it was warm and clear.

PS-That is Brad drinking out of some random drinking fountain along the highway going to the beach. I wasn't brave enough to drink out of that thing!


Day 5-

Slept in AGAIN. Missed breakfast AGAIN. This day we headed to Beacon Rock to hike it. It's this HUGE rock along the Columbia River. It was so BEAUTIFUL! The weather was perfect. This is something that we did while we were dating and had taken a trip to Washington, so it was fun to go back as a married couple to do it. I wish I could have bottled the smell. It was just so fresh and clean, and the smell of the pines. Mmmmmmmmm.

This was the day that I was really starting to miss the kids. Also, this was the Day that Dan flew to Hawaii!!!! I had left my phone in the car and he tried to call me when he was at the airport and I missed it!!! I was so sad-I'm still so sad that I missed that. He did leave me a message that I haven't deleted and will keep just so I can hear his voice now and then.

After Beacon Rock we went to the Portland Temple. I love that temple. I always thought I would get married there. While we were waiting for a session to start I saw my old young woman's leader and our old Home Teacher there. It was so fun to see them.

I love this picture of Mt Hood and the Columbia River. This is one of the most beautiful places ever. I really miss it. -Everything about it. (Well okay, maybe not the humidity) Other than that though it is amazing.

The next day we got up early and drove home. We were so excited to see the kids. Poor Easton he just started crying once he saw us. He cried for like a half hour. It was like he was like he didn't know what to think, and was just so relieved that we were home.

PS A GREAT thanks to my parents and to Kelly for watching the boys so that we could go on this incredible trip!!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

I love it! I think I've told you a million times, but I'm so glad you made it up here and I love you so much! I didn't want to leave you guys at the hotel.

Again, fab pics. What the heck did you guys do? There are so many cute pictures of you together - did you hire a personal photographer to follow you around with your great little camera? :o) If you have 100 hits on your blog this week, it's me looking at them all again.

I miss you!

McMurtrey said...

That is so great! A break from kids. That is so wonderful!! Good for you guys!!

Misty said...

Seriously, it sounds like you guys had such a fun trip. I love all the pictures. Oh, and by the way, I hate you...okay, not really. I just forgot how cute you always are and how SKINNY you are. I am totally shallow and jealous!

VoNique said...

How fun! I love Washington! I never even knew it was humid there until I left for several years and came back! It looks like you had a great trip, and were able to do a lot of fun things.

Allie said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm so jealous you got to go on a trip without kids!! I love your pictures too!
P.S. How are you so stinkin skinny?! Tell me your secret!

meg said...

Oh no you didn't just come here and not see me! What day did you go to the temple? We were probably there the same day, wouldn't that have been funny! Cannon Beach too?! We were just out there! I'm glad you had such a fun trip!

Liz said...

Man I am so jealous! I have never been anywhere without my kids. You guys looked great and I am happy that you were ably to get away.