Brad got sent up to Idaho for work this last week so the boys and I went up with him. We had such a great time driving up together. Brad and I had a singing contest and we were just busting up laughing at
each other because we both have the WORST voices!
I was a little worried that there would be nothing to do, but we actually stayed pretty busy. And, they have more than I thought-they have a Target, a mall that has Old Navy, Gap, and best of all,
Hollister. I smelled it the minute I walked in the doors of the mall. The boys and I ran around during the day doing different things and then in the evenings we would go over to Brad's grandparent's house. These are all pictures of our time spent with them.
This is Brad's Grandparent's home in Idaho where his mom grew up.



Carter LOVED the cows! (and
Easton did too) That was the first thing he wanted to see when we got there. The poor kid got shocked by the electric fence. I forgot to tell him about it and he came running over crying. I think it scared him more than anything.

This is Brad and the boys on the 4 wheeler riding out to see the cows.

This is Brad and his Grandpa (and Carter) going out to the barn to get the 4 wheeler. His Grandpa is such a sweet guy. He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

This is a horrible picture, but it's so funny because Grandma Smith took it and she wasn't even looking through the view finder. We weren't expecting her to take it, and didn't think it would even turn out.

The three most important guys in my life.

Grandpa and Grandma Smith

Going for a bike ride. Brad just bought me this bike and trailer. I have LOVED It! It has been so much fun to use and I look for any reason to go for a bike ride!
Feeding the Ducks and the Idaho Falls Temple Visitor's Center
One of the nights we went and grabbed a bite to eat. Afterwards we went over to the Snake River and the kids fed the ducks. It is so pretty, it's right across from the Idaho Falls Temple. Then afterwards we went over to the Visitors Center and walked around. Easton LOVES the temple. Anytime he sees one, or a picture of one he freaks out and yells, "PLE PLE!" and he says it in this high pitch voice. It is so cute. Afterwards we took Grandpa and Grandma home and Brad's Uncle John was there so we stayed and chatted with him for awhile.






Flooding the Grass
On the last day that we were there Grandpa flooded the grass so that the kids could play in the water. They had so much fun. My grandparent's neighbors used to do that and I would play in their yard so I loved that my kids got to do the same thing. Brad and I had a race running through it....I was so close to winning, but lost just barely. After the swimming we went to dinner with Grandpa and Grandma and Brad's Uncle John.







Grandma Smith is one tough lady. She would pick up Easton like it was nothing. If you have ever picked up Easton before you know how hard it is. I was always so amazed at how easily she toted him around.





We had a really good time hanging out with Grandpa and Grandma Smith. I'm so glad that the boys had a chance to spend some time at the farm and with Grandpa and Grandma Smith.
8 comments:
Seriously, these pictures are so great. You are becoming a regular little photographer, missy!
You guys really know what is important! Family! You guys are so cute!
I love your pictures. You made me really homesick. Once again this is not steve it is Liz!
That looks like a fabulous trip, especially for idaho :) I can say that, that is where we used to go on family vacations! Brad's grandpa and grandma are adorable, I bet they loved having you and the boys to entertain!
What a great family trip - and great photos!!! I love the shots from behind, they look so cute.
Easton is looking like such a little man these days! He's growing up so fast.
Can't wait to see you - maybe you can take some shots of my family, because I love all your photos!
SO fun Christine! I love your pictures too, you do such a great job, and have such cute little subjects. :)
I haven't had a single second lately to update or comment but am FINALLY catching up now, sorry to be MIA for so long. :)
Flooding the grass?! How totally cool!! What a neat thing to do, it looks like it got DEEP! Your brother looks so fun, I bet you'll miss him - maybe you'll get really lucky and the time will fly by. It already is for me, can you believe it's August already? HOLY COW!
The image of you and Brad singing your little off-key voices off kills me. Only because I can TOTALLY relate, I have a HORRIBLE voice, I mean really really horrible, and I think Mark purposely tries to sound worse than he can actually sing so if we had a sing off we'd probably break glass. :)
So fun to catch up Christine, I love your cute family!
It looks like you had so much fun! I miss you all so much!
Brad's grandparents look like such cute people. I can't believe she can tote Easton around so well.
It looks like you kept busy and had fun, I'm glad.
Looks like you guys had a blast. I love that Easton is wild about the temple.
Poor Carter - wasps, an electric fence, what next?
Post a Comment