Well, we took Dan to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) today. The day came so fast! We went to lunch at the Brick Oven before we took him. It was good to spend a little bit of time with him before we had to take him. I took the picture of BigE while we were there. He was hamming it up for the camera. He just kept smiling. It was so cute.
Then it was off to the MTC. It was so cute because on the way there I was pointing it out to Carter and telling him that was where we were taking Dan and I started crying. So Carter started talking like he was crying. It was so cute. We went up to the temple to take some pictures. Easton LOVES the temple. He gets so excited whenever he sees one. He calls them "ple ple" in this high pitched voice. Then we headed down to the MTC. I was fine until we got to the MTC.
Dan is not just my brother, he is one of my really good friends. We joke around with each other all the time and have such similar sense of humors. We keep each other laughing non stop.
All day today I keep thinking "I'll just call him" and then I have to stop myself and realize that I can't call him-there's no way too. I'm just so used to calling him anytime I want, and talking to him often. I just wonder what he's doing and if he's doing ok.
He is such a great guy and was so excited to go on a mission. The people of Hawaii are going to love him!
Poor Brad missed the whole thing because he was out of town!
9 comments:
I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to your bro, how sad! Neither of my brothers went on missions, so I can't sympathize. How hard that must be! But at least he's doing the right thing.
Good for Dan, what an adventure. My friend from MI just went to the MTC yesterday too! He's going to CO, spanish speaking.
Your boys are so cute. I just clicked on from another blog. Hope thats okay. I really need to clean my house but can't get off the computer this morning. Love Tonia (a Tipsy Girl)
Thats sad to say goodbye but I'm sure the two years will go bye fast. Thats awesome that he's going to Hawaii!! I want to go!
Hurray for Dan! Missions are incredible experiences.
I can't believe how grown up and handsome Dan is! I remember when he was so little. The family photos are so great - I love the one with the boys from the back walking/running with the temple in the background. So cute!
I'm sure Dan will have a fantastic experience!
What a nice young man your brother is Christine. You two are obviously close. I know it will be hard not being able to see him for so long. Just keep your sights set on that trip to Hawaii in 2 years!
This is so cute and I LOVE the pictures of your boys. Your brother will come home even "awesomer" than he was and he will have changed so many people's lives. So cool!
I too can not believe he is gone! I hope you are all doing okay with the departure, I have heard it can be rough for a little while! Is your mom holding up??? Look at the bright side, maybe you guys will all just have to pick him up when he done :)
Post a Comment