Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving






I love Thanksgiving. It is so nice to have one day a year set aside to contemplate the things that you're grateful for.
Brad went and played in his annual Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl football game and had fun as usual. I stayed home with the boys and cooked food for our dinner.
We normally just spend Thanksgiving Day with the Cook side, but my brother Dan is going on a mission next year for our church and will be gone for 2 years, and while he is gone my brother Jason will go so it will be 4 years before we're together as a family. Plus my Grandpa has Leukemia and has started Chemo so we just felt like we should go and spend a little bit of time with my family and then go eat with the Cooks.
We went and played Bunco with my family and ate a little bit of Thanksgiving dinner with them. We thought we would be eating dinner with the Cooks so we didn't eat all that much.
We went down to the Cooks to spend the rest of the day with them and they had eaten without us! Oh well, at least we got to eat a little bit with my family. (Thanks Mom) I made food for the Cook dinner, but since they had eaten without us it didn't get eaten....so if you're in the mood for Artichoke dip or some salad, stop on by because I've got tons! :)
Big E of course loved the food. He had his first mashed potatoes and gravy, real sweet potatoes, and some jello. He cracks me up how much he loves food. It is a completely different experience compared to Carter, who only eats to stay alive.
I am so grateful today for my sweet little family. My loving, handsome husband and my two darling little boys.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanksgiving is my fave. I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa! We'll keep him in our prayers.

tiburon said...

Your family is stunning Christine! So crazy that both of your bros are going out. It doesn't seem like they should be that old!