Sunday, February 5, 2012

Friday Night Movie Night/Garett



Every Friday night we have been doing a family movie night. It's been fun for our family and the boys look foward to it each week. This week we invited Carter's friend Garrett over.
With our move to Arizona we have continually seen the hand of the Lord in our life and have had so many tender mercies. It has been such a testimony strengthener that Heavenly Father cares for my children and their needs just as much as I do and wants them to succeed just as much-if not more than I do.
Garrett has been one of those tender mercies for Carter. Before Carter started school I prayed like crazy that he would be put in the right class and in a class with a teacher that he would do well with. I thought about requesting a teacher that our neighbor girl had, but thought that I would leave it completely up to the Lord. When I took Carter for his first day of school Carter was nervous. We went before school started and met his teacher and saw his class room. It wasn't the same teacher that our neighbor had and for a split second thought I should have requested that teacher, but then thought, no Heavenly Father has a greater plan and I need to trust. Well we went out with the teacher to get the kids. I could tell that Carter was getting more and more nervous. My heart was breaking for him. I have been there before and knew how he felt. I worried that he wouldn't want me to leave. As the kids were lining up this kid (Garrett) came up to line up and was like "Hi Carter! You're in my class!" He then started telling the other kids that he knew Carter and that he was going to be in their class. Then Garrett told his teacher that Carter was in his primary class-I didn't even know that. The teacher not knowing any of this had put Carter and Garrett's desks right next to each other. At that moment Carter relaxed and felt comfortable enough to go to class with everyone. I'm getting teary eyed as I type this. As I left that school it took everything within me to keep from breaking down to tears. I continually said prayers thanking Heavenly Father for that tender mercy. Since that point Carter and Garrett have become best of friends and really enjoy playing together.
I am SO grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows us, and cares about us and blesses us with the things that we need when we need it.

5 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Oh, my goodness I cried reading this. You are a great writer. Thank you for sharing. The Lord certainly is good to us!! I'm glad that you have felt his tender mercies in many ways through your move, especially with Carter. It looks like you are settling in, making new friends and enjoying beautiful warm Arizona. So glad! Love ya

Jill Walker said...

Now I am crying AGAIN! I see pictures of all of you and I just start crying. I thought it would get easier as time went on to be without you but it just seems to get worse. I too am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord for all of you and us. We are so blessed. Love you all and miss you a ton!!

VoNique said...

I totally felt the spirit while I read your story. Thanks for sharing it :) I'm glad he's found a good friend.

Melinda said...

What a sweet story and so sweet that Carter found such a good little friend. That always makes life so much nicer.

We are getting a temple also and we can't wait!

Danielle said...

I'm so glad sweet little Carter found a good friend to show him the ropes!