Sunday, November 23, 2008

Grandpa Walker's Funeral

My Grandpa Walker passed away about a month ago. Poor guy, he had dementia so he was not himself at the end. My Grandma passed away in 1989 so even though it was a sad time for everyone, it was a happy time just knowing that now he is himself again and he's with my Grandma. We really missed having Dan there.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm so sorry Christine! I know how you feel though, my Grandma died before my Grandpa and he just didn't do very well without her. It was kind of a relief when he finally was reunited with her.

VoNique said...

That's a long time to go with out his sweetheart. I'm glad he's with her again, but sorry for the loss of those left behind.

VoNique said...

That's a long time to go with out his sweetheart. I'm glad he's with her again, but sorry for the loss of those left behind.

CaraDee said...

Sorry about your Grandpa. Brandon's Grandma died last week. It was a nice funeral, but I prefer funerals like the one that you went to, where none of the pallbearers are wearing JEANS... ha ha
I think Brandon was the only one wearing a suit. He was also one of 3 guys in the WHOLE family that could dedicate the grave, so they gave him the responsibility...