Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Family Vacation

The Beach
A couple of weeks ago we took a family trip to California. It was SO MUCH FUN! It went by way too fast! We started off the trip by going to the beach. (Brad's favorite thing to do) The boys had fun playing in the sand and chasing the birds. We ended up at Balboa beach because there was so much available parking. We realized why once we got down to the beach. It was such a steep beach. We had to really watch the boys. We were going to spend the next day at the beach as well, but Brad decided that we should just head to Disneyland. I am not one to complain about going to Disneyland a extra day!







Disneyland
We bought season passes to Disneyland and ended up spending five days there. It was so much fun to be there with Brad. I usually always take the boys with my Mom while Brad is working, so it was fun to have him there to experience it with us. I do have to say though, I really missed having my Mom there. She is a bigger Disneyland freak than I am! We started out by doing the train first at Carter's request followed by Pirates. Carter's top favorites are the train, Pirates and The Tiki Room.
My Mom gave us money so that we could eat at the Blue Bayou. It was so much fun. We all loved it. Thanks Mom!
We also ate breakfast one morning with the characters. It was so much fun. The boys loved it. I do have to say though that at first bigs was more interested in the food than the characters. Once he got some food in his stomach though he was able to relax and have some fun with them. Carter was a little nervous about Captain Hook.
Easton fell in love with the Monsters Inc ride. We went on it over and over again and he would run the whole way there. When you ask him what the monster says he will growl at you. It is so cute.
Once again I tortured myself by going on that stupid Ferris Wheel. I did it once and then I let Brad take the boys the next time.
We had so much fun. I LOVE Disneyland!



































































Carter wasn't sure to think. He ended up laughing about it.





Hiking

We went hiking with my Uncle Mike to see where my Dad landed when he fell. Mike was the one that was with him when he fell. It was such a sweet experience-one that I will always remember. Carter did so good! It was a pretty tough hike and we only had to carry him a little way. Poor Brad had to tote Bigs around on his back the whole way. We weighed him while on the trip and he now weighs 36lbs!! We had some funny things happen to us while we were there. My Uncle Mike ran out of gas and while we were waiting for AAA to come Carter locked us out of the truck. Luckily we were able to just laugh about it. Mike and Nancy were so nice and let us stay at their Lake House with them at Lake Arrowhead. It was such a fun place. Brad even got to go wakeboarding. I was too much of a chicken to get in the cold water. We had such a great time spending time with them.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Disneyland - how fun!!! It looks like SUCH a great time, and you can tell by the smile on the boys' face that they LOVED it (Brad included)! Your pictures are, once again, awesome. I love the candid shots - the boys with Pluto and so great, and the one of them watching the boat from behind and running up the ramp with Brad. Oh heck, they are all fantastic! I'm glad you had a good vacation together.

I'm also glad you were share the hiking experience with your family - what a great thing for you to all do!

Allie said...

Those pictures make me want to cry!! I miss Disneyland so much! I need to live in California again. I just cant take not going to Disneyland all the time!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Misty said...

I love the picture of you and Easton. The one where you are looking down at him and he is kinda looking away a little. Great picture and it sounds like you guys had a blast!

Misty said...

PS - I have NEVER been to Disneyland or Disneyworld. Feel bad for me!

Kari said...

Holy cow! Vacation of the year. Looks like you had a ton of fun! Isn't Disneyland the BEST?!?!! I want to go just Ryan and I. I guess I'm still a little kid stuck in a grown-up body!

Jill Walker said...

Looks like you spared no hesitation in letting us all see every minute of your trip. I love you and miss you. It looks like so much fun.

Elder Walker

McMurtrey said...

I wish I could live at disneyland.