Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I LOVE SANTA CLAUS!!

Now that Carter is old enough and can understand who Santa is and what he does I am in HEAVEN! I had this genious idea the other day. We were having a really rough day. If you have a sensitive stomach skip the next paragraph.
Carter had a dental appointment so we were in a hurry to get ready (I was running a little behind) I took him upstairs to brush his teeth, and while we were upstairs BigE got to a dirty diaper and got it all over him and the carpet. I had just changed it right before I went upstairs and forgot to throw it away before I went up there. So I came down stairs and was horrified at what I found. Well I had to hurry and give BigE a bath, clean everything up and by this point we were late. I was completely frazzled. Well, we are buying this van from our friend's dealership and Carter wanted to drive in the van. I told him we could, but then I couldn't find the keys. I knew I didn't have time to keep looking so we took the Bravada. Carter was throwing the biggest tantrum ever. I was losing my patience and wanted to use the famous "If you don't stop crying, I'll give you something to cry about" but I had this genious idea pop into my head. I told Carter that if he didn't stop crying and start being a good boy I was going to call Santa and tell him not to bring him ANY presents. He didn't believe me so I pulled my cell phone out, dialed Santa's secret phone number and told him my name and that I was Carter Cook's mom. I told him that Carter was not being a very good boy and that he shouldn't bring him any presents. As soon as Carter realized that I was on the phone with Santa he started freaking out and started promising that he was going to be good. It was awesome! I have already used this technique a couple of times, but have realized I can't use it everytime because I'm sure it will soon wear off.

7 comments:

Allie said...

Thats so funny! I do the exact same thing. I really need to stop saying it so much its losing its effect.

Brenda said...

My dad's was, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week. I still don't get it. But it was usually followed by a spanking. I swear I had a happy childhood.

Libby said...

I hope you don't mind if I post a comment! :) I had to laugh at your last two posts because I have been doing the same thing..using those old phrases we swore we would never use. I found myself saying for the first time this Christmas (in reference to our decorations) "Look with your eyes, not with your hands!" I used to hate hearing that and now I am saying it. And the other day I threw out, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!" Ugh, it is sad to turn into our mothers isn't it. Even though we do love them so!

I'm sorry about the frazzled day and especially the poop incident. That is so horrifying. I probably would have freaked out! We are using the Santa threats over here too. It is great!

CaraDee said...

Oh Christine, we all do it. Just embrace the lameness.
That's funny about Santa's secret hotline.

Steve said...

Steve did that to Lexi last year while we were in Walmart, he called my cell phone and asked to talk to Lexi and then when I gave her the phone he told her that he was Santa and that she needed to act better. I have never seen her so freaked out. SHe talked about it for days and I actually felt really bad because it seemed to almost scar her.

TheShippenFamily said...

I love the santa card, I am sad on Dec 26th when I can't use it anymore.

Our Family said...

Seriously! It IS the BEST threat in the world. I keep wondering if this is the last year we have where they ALL believe...though the way things go, it's quite possible my 5 year old that will find out first and not my 8 year old. Josh just believes EVERYTHING! :) The sad thing is, it's my 5 YEAR old I need to use the Santa threat on the most!! :)