Wednesday, August 22, 2007

1st Day of Preschool

This was a rough morning. Carter was so nervous, so he was a little cranky. He refused to eat breakfast, when I tried to put on his pants he was freaking out because "they are too big" He's been wearing shorts all summer long and didn't like the idea of wearing pants. Then he started freaking out about wearing shoes. He is definitely his father's child and loves to wear flip flops and shorts. Everything was so traumatic this morning for him-you can tell by his pictures. I tried to get him to smile but he refused and watched his little friend at the park. On the way to school I told him that he looks so cute in his new outfit. He said "thanks Mommy" I can't believe my little boy is going to school!!!

When we walked into his class room he clung to me, but after he saw the kids playing in the corner he was off. We'll see how he is when I go pick him up in an hour!

Me on the other hand-I'm actually doing pretty well. I got a little teary eyed when we pulled up, but I am so excited for him to have this experience. He is going to love it.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

That is so cute. I love the song. He looks so big and handsome. Andrew starts Sept 10th and I'm actually really excited for him and for me :) I can't wait to see the new pics. Give him big hugs and kisses from me and Andrew (well, give him a hi 5 for Andrew :)

Danielle said...

I'm glad that mommy handled it just as well as Carter! What a big boy - he looked so handsome for his first day of school!