Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fourth of July Neighborhood Party










Our neighbor Jennifer puts together an annual Fourth of July party every year. It is so much fun. It starts of with the kids doing a parade around the neighborhood. Most of our neighbors have kids so almost everyone is in the parade. Mark and Heather were our loyal fans though. They ran around to different spots to cheer everyone on. The boys loved riding in the Jeep.





They did a three legged race and Melissa and I came in at a close second. We did a redo and we won. We are going to start training so that we can win next year's race. They also did a balloon catch that Brad and I tied on. I dropped the balloon twice and it still didn't break. It was pure luck that we got as far as we did. (Well, luck on my part, skill on Brad's part)




Later that night we went out and did fireworks with the neighborhood. We live in such a great neighborhood. Everyone is so nice and there are tons of kids for Carter to play with.

8 comments:

Libby said...

What a fun thing to do with your neighborhood! That is awesome that someone is willing to put that together.

My sister Melinda said she had such a great time seeing you the other night at the shower. We should all get together for lunch or dinner when my mom and I are in town on Monday-Wednesday of this next week!

Danielle said...

Cute pictures and what a cute neighborhood! I wish I had a fun get together like that!

Lacey said...

oh neighborhood does rock!

McMurtrey said...

Your neighborhood is great! What a fun day!

Unknown said...

Looks like you have a great neighborhood! Wish we still lived close!

Chris and Michelle said...

What a party!! How fun! You're good at taking so many fun pictures. I'm glad you had such a good time! Carter and Easton are the cutest - as usual. Their hair is just the greatest, I love it! :)

Brenda said...

I'm digging the neighborhood party. Sorry we missed you last week, but we'll see you soon!

Kari said...

What a fun little party! Ours "down here" wasn't so festive! Next year, we are comin' up there! :)