Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm A Mean Mom

My friend Marriand told me once that whenever her son Andrew acts up in the car she threatens to throw his toys out the window, and has actually done it a couple of times. (If you're ever in Vegas and see toys on the side of the road, they're probably her son's. :) j/k)
Anyways, Carter has been struggling with listening to me lately. He could totally care less about anything that I say, and just does what he wants. I'm getting tired of it. Plus, he has been eating so much junk lately and won't eat good food so I have been trying to eliminate all junk. Well, he got a Rice Krispie treat today from school for some one's birthday. I told him he could eat it after he ate his lunch. He didn't listen and started eating it. I got so mad I stopped the car and told him to give it to me. He started yelling "NO!" and holding it up in the air so I couldn't reach it. Well, I put the car in park and reached back and grabbed it. Then he started screaming and freaking out so I pulled a Marianne, I THREW IT OUT THE WINDOW! He was so mad at me, but I wanted to show him I was serious. I think now he will think twice-especially if I threaten to throw his things out the window! Once we got home he kept telling me that his teacher Mrs. Johnson wanted the Rice Krispie treat.
I feel a little guilty about littering. I HATE it when people litter-even gum, and I was a total hypocrite today.

5 comments:

VoNique said...

That's awesome! I don't think you're mean, I think you're funny! Once I have kids, you'll probably be my hero!

TheShippenFamily said...

One day I was done with toys all over my house I threatened that if Jax didn't clean them up I would throw them away. Well he didn't. I packed up every toy I could find and threw them away. He only missed them for a day and now we don't have as many toys to pick up. I think what you did was a great idea!

Danielle said...

Way to be strong! Don't worry, I'm sure some birds or squirrels really enjoyed your littering. :o)

Brenda said...

We've totally chucked toys. We've also packed them up and put them away. They never even miss them.

Liz said...

Ok I could not stop laughing. I really wish that I would have been in the car behind you that would of been so funny. I also have threatned the girls to throw there toys away, one day I packed them all in a sack and put them in a closet for a week and they were so sad.