I will totally be the first to admit that I am a paranoid person. The guy that sold us our security system had to think I was completely crazy because I thought of every possible scenario that could ever happen. I used to think "what are the chances something would happen to me"...and then I had the dumb peeping tom that just pushed me over the edge.
Well, I have a tracker on my blog and saw that someone looked at my blog that I don't know (not a big deal...I know) but then I went to their site and it just freaked me out a little bit. It was just a little weird. Should I be concerned??? I've tried not to put too much personal info, but it's hard when your blog is about you. Should I take my last name off and only use first names??? Am I being completely over paranoid?? I am going to change all my friends links to first names only. I will put a poll and you can vote if I'm completely nuts, or if I'm valid in my concerns. Also, let me know what you think!
7 comments:
I wouldn't worry too much about it...I check out other people's sites now and then on your links, so maybe they were just blog cruising. But, if it makes you feel safe, use first names only and make sure your home city isn't anywhwere on your profile. I think I shall take off my last name, too! And how do you get a tracker on your blog? Crud, now you know how many times I stalk your blog in a day! Seeing you makes me happy! Maybe it is me you should be paranoid about. I'm kind of weird, too!
I wouldn't be too worried about it. I have a tracker on mine and get some weird hits too. I ditto the comment about last names though. :)
How do you put a tracker on your blog, that is kind of cool.
Was his name Joshua? Someone with that name has been leaving comments on my blog. The good news is that every comment he leaves is the same (it's long and makes no sense so I know he's just copy/pasting it) so I don't think he's actually reading my blog. I think he's one of those people who has advertisments on their blog and they get paid for every hit on their page. Needless to say, they comment on other people's blogs to try to direct traffic to his blog. I just ignore it and delete them when they come in. I also don't put where my kids go to school or the city we live in. My SIL has a private blog that you have to be invited to view, but frankly, that annoys me. How would I have ever found my long lost friends if they had private blogs?
i do think your nuts....
just kidding. you don't have an address listed so i wouldn't worry about it. there's no way anyone can find you. whats his blog and i'll check him out.
That would freak me out! I forgot about the peeping tom.
I want a tracker on my blog how does that work? I look at other peoples blogs through links that I have no idea who they are. But I was kinda nervous too about scary people looking at my blog.
Post a Comment