Thursday, November 17, 2011

Big News In Our Family!



So we have some big things happening in our family. A few weeks ago we found out that we are moving to....


We are so excited, but sad at the same time. Brad's boss offered him to go down to Phoenix and open up an office down there. We couldn't say no. It's such a great job opportunity for Brad and it will be a good opportunity for our little family. I'm excited for some warm weather-no snow! We're trying to get a house that has a pool in the back yard so that will be fun. When his boss made him the offer we really prayed about it to know if it was the right thing to do. I felt really good about it from the beginning and knew it was what we should do. I feel like Heavenly Father really prepared me ahead of time and has really blessed us so much already. I can see the hand of the Lord in so many things already and we haven't even moved there! While I have felt so good about it and have felt so excited, I'm getting a little sad! I started packing up some boxes tonight of stuff that we don't use all the time and I was crying while doing it. We have been so blessed while we have lived here. This is where I have brought home two of my babies, and this is pretty much the only home that my kids know. We have such a wonderful neighborhood full of kids. We live right by our families and rely on them for many things. My sister in law lives right next door to me...ugh, this is where the tears start. Mandy is more a sister to me than anything. We always say that we are sisters sent to different families. I rely on her a ton. I love living right next door to my darling nieces. I have grown so much living here surrounded by so many wonderful people. I have a scripture class that I go to once a week taught by this woman that I absolutely adore and love. Susan, she is my hero. Ugh...this is where the bawling starts. She has taught me to understand and love the Bible, but more importantly I feel like I have come closer the the Savior. Her knowledge of the scriptures is amazing. She has been through so many life experiences and I go to her for so many things! I feel like I am a completely different person than I was from the day that we moved in to this house thanks to Susan and thanks to all the wonderful people that I have been privileged to associate with. Carter and Easton have the BEST teachers on the face of the planet! -That is hard to leave!
As I look back at the last five years that we have lived in this house I think of all these wonderful things and can clearly see the hand of the Lord in our lives. He has blessed us so much. It is so hard to leave that, but what keeps me upbeat and excited for Arizona is that I know that he will do the same for us there. I recently read this word art thing that said, "If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it." I have total faith that Arizona is where were supposed to be, and I know that Heavenly Father will not leave us alone.
Brad and I went down a couple of weeks ago to check it out and to try and find a place to live. I loved it! I think in my head I was picturing this....
But it's not really like that...ok, it is, but not really. It's a lot more green than I thought.. and they have citrus groves there! Did you know that?? I didn't! Like I said, I was picturing the above. I feel like this whole experience just in the last few weeks has really brought Brad and I together even more. I kept telling him that he is my rock, and with him I can do anything. We decided together that really we can be happy anywhere as long as we have each other and our three sweet boys. That's what really makes us happy is each other and as long as we have that we'll be good.
So... we're moving. It will be good. I'm excited. And this is why I will have to keep my blog up, so that our parents can see all the cute stuff their grandkids are doing and stay up to date! We are moving the day after Christmas so I don't know how much blogging I'll be doing between now and then, but I'll do my best. Then after that it's going to be a blogging extravaganza!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is so excited and I can only imagine how challenging at the same time. It will be a great adventure for your little family. Good luck!! Casey grew up there so call me if you have any questions!!!

Danielle said...

How exciting and scary at the same time! We'll be thinking of you. And thanks for picking a place that would be good for us to come visit when it is the cold and rainy season up here. :o) You might have house guests every November...

I'm looking forward to updates on the blog again! We think of you and your family often. Best of luck packing and starting on your next big adventure! Everything will work out. Love you guys!

VoNique said...

No, no, no! NOT allowed! Are you SURE you're supposed to!?! :) JK, sort of. Will I get to see you again before you go? Let us know if you have time for one more girl's night! I'll miss you!

Allie said...

Wow thats crazy!! I'm sad I wont be able to visit you when we come to utah anymore. I'm sure you will love it! I know a few people that live there and they love it! And theres a slim chance we could move there in 2 years. Its so hard to leave family but you wont be too far away. Good luck! We miss you guys so much!

VeNicia Monet Glazier said...

I have lots of boxes for you! And we need to do a girls' night before you go. And we can help you move! =o( Even though we'll miss your guts.

nathan n rachel said...

No Way! That is awesome news. Your poor mom. :(

Danielle said...

Did Hawaii ever cross your mind? I bet you would have seen Justin and I before 10 years were up! :o)

Chris and Michelle said...

Oh my goodness... you are right - that is BIG news! How sad to have you guys go! AZ is a great place though - we lived there for 3 yrs while Chris was in pharmacy school (we lived in Surprise but went to school and worked in Glendale) and I adore the people we met during our time there. I think you will love it! The traffic is the worst part(and the beige scenery) in my opinion but the winters are sooo nice! I'm excited for you! What part are you moving to? I have great friends in Mesa that you would LOVE and who would help you out with ANYTHING ( and who have kids the same ages as yours)...let me know if you're moving anywhere near there & I could hook you up...!
Good luck Christine! What a fun adventure for you! I'll be watching your blog for updates.
And by the way your new family pics are so cute!